Getting certified to be an open water scuba diver is done in 3 parts – academics, pool sessions at the dive shop and certification dives. You will also have free access to our equipment which includes:
Once you have mastered your skills in the pool, you are ready for your Open Water certification dives. Most of the Open Water dives are held over a weekend at the beautiful Lake Ouachita, in Hot Springs, Arkansas on our dive boat.
As our student, you are welcome to stay at our UNDERWATER TREASURES RESORT as an overnight guest during your Open Water dive for your certification. U.T.’S RESORT is located just minutes from Lake Ouachita, in the great state of Arkansas.
Minimum Age: 10 years old
Swimsuit & towel
Mask, snorkel, fins, dive boots
- SSI Medical Statement and Guidelines (If you answer “yes” to any question on page one, page two must be filled out by a qualified physician.)
- Liability Release for Entry-Level Training
- E-learning (Online interactive digital materials)
- Download available for up to 3 devices
- E-Card (digital print of your certification card)
- Paper logbook
- Use of rental gear for class duration
- FREE pool practices for all Open Water Diver students to get ready for your open water certification dives.
Weekend classes meet Friday, Saturday & Sunday for the first week & open water dives are scheduled on a different weekend.
Private classes meet for 12-16 hours of pool and classroom & a separate weekend for open water dive training.
Breathing underwater for the first time is something you’ll never forget, so don’t wait. In the Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device and a tank. The equipment you wear varies, depending upon whether you’re diving in tropical, temperate or cold water.
Please refer to the SSI TRAINING STANDARDS for more detailed information
|We rent masks, fins, weights, regulators, BC’s, air tanks, wet suits and more.|